Wednesday, September 12, 2007

PLACED! It's official!

FINALLY, and due to the diligence of my wunderbar
supervisor (no love to placement office X[), I am
placed. My home for the term will be a local Catholic
high school.

This is not the place I would have ever thought myself
landing, but HEY! Good school. IN TOWN. CAN WALK TO
IT!! I actually walked there this morning to time
myself. I can make it in 40 minutes. I can't walk
there tomorrow though, because I have to go to seminar
right after in Chicago.

Very excited, VERY RELIEVED. I think my two
cooperating teachers are going to be awesome. They
seem like the type of people who are really going to
be "cooperative" and "mentoring". Not "you're a sucky
student teacher, eat it!" like I've known some of my
friends to have. Yeesh.

I have to finish running around like crazy - gotta
fill out more background check stuff for the
archdiocese and go to some "don't abuse the kids"
training tonight in a neighboring town.

And then I have to figure out what to wear
tomorrow...pack a lunch. The usual.

I'm probably not going to sleep a wink tonight. GAH!

No comments: