Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Strengths (and weaknesses)

I was typing out my answers to the questionnaire we have for our seminar class. There was the typical "what's your strength" question. I was sitting and thinking about it, and I thought about the Myers-Briggs personality traits. Heh. I saved mine from when I took it for another class (maybe it was EDFN 405 or 406). I am an INTJ (Mastermind Rational - oooh, sounds very authoritative, doesn't it?), and boy, does it really nail me.

I emailed my classmates to see if anyone would be interested in seeing how well their own M-B traits match up with what they perceive to be their strengths. Our questionnaire also asked what we thought our peers' strengths were (if we've known them from other classes). Could be muy interesante. Wikipedia also has entries for each of the types; just punch in what your letters are.

For more detailed description on INTJ, try here or here. The second link has a particularly good description. "INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know." The intuitive shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me and some of my other pursuits. Here's mine for the curious:

IntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging
Strength of the preferences %
3362156

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality
Another fun, but less technical quiz is the "Animal in You" test. Retook mine and got the same result as I did before: Wolf. That one also fairly accurate, but I take huge offense at you-know-who being considered a "wolf". WHAT-ever. These are the parts that crack me up, but are true:

Friendly and generous with those they consider to be peers, they have a tendency to show scant regard to those beneath them on the food chain...The wolf pulls no punches when communicating with its peers, for there is nothing that a wolf detests more than a yes-man. The truth must be told and damn the consequences. Those unable to handle its steely straightforward style are quickly relegated to the rear of the pack, while those who demonstrate courage are allowed to run alongside.

No comments: